Dusting Off the Blog

Flower Crown: Handmade from Bicyclette
Dress: H&M (old)
Sandals: Topshop (sold out)

Hello out there, Internet! How do you even start these things? I've been on the Internet for half of my life, yet starting a blog post seems oddly daunting! Don't even get me started on maintaining an actual blog beyond this one post; you don't even want to know how long I've had this pretty little layout ready, waiting for me to fill it with my words and ramblings. The answer is: too long.

But better late than never, am I right? Or is that just something I am saying to reassure myself that my procrastination =/= failure. Regardless, today is the day that Diana Dresses Up is full operational and running!

Let me introduce myself: I'm Diana, I'm 21, and I really love clothes. I've been meaning to write actual fashion blog for years, but it was not until my dear friend, Kait, said, "Diana, you need to write a blog and I'm making you a layout!" that I actually decided to roll with it. A little help from friends tends to be the push to get you started.


I hate having to describe my style, so hopefully eventually the photos start to speak for themselves. However, if I were to try, I like things that are feminine and whimsical, like lace and bows. This particular outfit is from a garden party Kait threw back in August (Stop! I know, I've had this post in the works for FAR too long) and I guess you could say I took the garden theme pretty far. I've had the dress since the holidays (tutus are holiday wear, after all) and the flower crown was made at a workshop at Bicyclette in July. The glittery sandals were the only sandals I purchased all summer and it was basically the best investment of my life.

Myself and my good friend Beth! 
Head over to Kait's blog to see more photos from the garden party! All photo credits go to her, by the way. :) The party was definitely a lovely way to end the summer! I hope we do it again next year!

Does this work for a first post? I certainly hope so...

Until next time!

- Di xx

4 comments:

Heather Belle said...

Your blog is gorgeous so far (and so are you!) Can't wait to see where this blog goes!
xo Heather
http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

Diana said...

Aww, thank you so much, Heather! :) I really appreciate it!

mel said...

Welcome to blogland! I hope you enjoy it loads! I love the photos of the tea party - so pretty. Are you in Ontario as well?

Diana said...

Thank you! And yes, I am! Greater Toronto Area! :)

Post a Comment